As you may have noticed from previous posts, I am not only a dog lover but an advocate for their well-being and their place in our world. I am also a fan of beer. So of course I am going to promote everyone get their tails to Estabrook Park near the Beer Garden tomorrow to celebrate both at the Barktoberfest fundraiser for Residents for Off-leash Milwaukee Parks (ROMP). I happen to be a co-founder, board member for 10+ years, and the current president so I urge you all to come to this great event.
Pack your picnic basket and gather your pooch, family and friends in the spirit of Munich’s Hofbräuhaus. Experience Gemüttlichkeit at the new Estabrook Park Beer Garden with your dog!
Join ROMP, the Milwaukee Dog Park group, from 1-6 pmfor Barktoberfest – a celebration of beer and dogs.
There’s something for every dog and everyone!
- Costume contest with prizes for first place & runner-up (at 3 pm)
- Demo by the Milwaukee County Sheriff K9 Unit (at 230 pm)
- Doggie Games & activities
- Paw Painting (hosted by Community Bark)
- Lure and Agility courses (hosted by Elmbrook Humane Society & Agility Pawsibilties)
- Beer tasting for dogs (while supplies last)
- Info booths featuring pet business & community groups
- Music by Mrs. Fun (from 130-530 pm)
- Drinks special – Buy a commemorative Barktoberfest mug for $5 and get $1 off your beer purchases during the event
Things you need to know about Barktoberfest:
- Non-alcoholic carry-in of beverages and picnic food is allowed.
- Bring your own beer mug, rent one from the beer garden ($6), or buy a special commemorative mug from ROMP ($5). Purchase a commemorative mug and receive $1 off beer from Beer Garden!
- Dogs must be on leash during the event, but the off-leash dog is just around the corner from the event if you pooch needs some run-time.
Click here for a schedule of events and list of activities being held throughout the day.